Sunday, March 14, 2010

Game of the month: Moving

















In the past few weeks, Nicholas started getting more and more into the crawling position.  He's moved from mastering the sitting position to deliberately moving toward an object, or at least reaching toward an object.  And, spending time developing his arms with baby push-ups.  Not only in the push up position, but crawling up on pillows to try to reach higher objects next to the couch, or pulling himself up on his knees in his crib by grabbing onto the side rail, to try to see what's going on.

Babies do an amazing amount of calesthenics activity and moving, that for an adult would be difficult, spending significant amounts of time doing leg lifts, moving their legs, push-ups, and sit-ups.  The other month, I started doing some calesthenics with Nicholas when he's in his jumper chair.  I figured if Nicholas can spend 4-6 hours per day in his chair, in his crib, or on the couch doing leg lifts, sit-ups, mini-squats, and push-ups, I can surely spend 30 minutes a day.  So far, I've lost 4 cm (1-1/2 inches) around my belly, and gained 5 pounds.  We call it Club Nicholas.... Vibe FM with DJ Nicholas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a journalist working for Romania Libera newspaper (www.romanialibera.ro). We are interest in two of your drawnings
that we found at the adress:

http://bukresh.blogspot.com/2009/11/sketching-bukresh.html

(the first and the second one). We would be happy to cite them in our newspaper.

Could you please contact me to talk about it? My email is aschiop@gmail.com (or adrian.schiop@romanialibera.ro)

Thank you,
Adrian Schiop

John said...

Thanks Adrian for your interest! I look forward to seeing some of my sketches in Romania Libera! Exciting! Best regards, John