Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bucharest, Romania















Str. Stirbei Voda, Bucuresti

For some reason, I was noticing the visual clutter in the environment today; not sure if this is because of springtime, or wishing it was warmer, or the light just caught the clutter just at the right angle, but I thought I'd look at this today in a few sketches. When I think of the most thriving, and interesting cities, they often seem to have the most visual chaos or visual clutter. The variety of elements all smashed up together in one giant heap. There is the sense of the unexpected, and a city that has developed a vitality over time. Cities like this that come to mind... New York, Tokyo, Athens, Paris, San Francisco, Berlin, Bucharest.
















Sos. Panduri, Bucuresti
















Sos. Panduri, Bucuresti

Sometimes even the trees seem like part of the visual chaos. I started this sketch by focusing on the negative spaces in the trees, rather than the shapes of the trees. I might try that again with another tree.

2 comments:

Nina Khashchina aka Apple-Pine said...

wonderful trees and what a great sketch of all the crap hanging around! :)

John said...

thanks Apple-Pine!..... check back next week; I'll find some more trees. :-)